How To Keep Workers In Gas and Oil Mines Safer?
Having the right protective workwear for mining is crucial to staying safe, but it’s also essential to know how to use it properly. (With the TMI tagline: “Meeting the protective needs of workers around the world”) If you’re working in a gas or oil mine, you’re very aware of the hazards. These dangerous jobs put workers at risk for a number of safety concerns, from falling through the ground to poisonous gases to explosions. Some mining companies have gone above and beyond to keep workers safe. In fact, since 2012, the gas and oil mining industry has experienced an average of only 0.5 fatalities per 100,000 workers. This was a vast improvement from the early 1990s when there were more than 20 fatalities per 100,000 workers.
So, RSM is here to answer your questions on keeping your miners, contractors, and crews safe—and productive—in the field.
Body coat uniform
The orange or navy blue coloured overalls are the ones that most oil and gas mineworkers were to protect themselves and keep themselves safer. They need to be flame and fire-resistant, withstand the high-temperature pressure, durable, and completely resistant to tear.
These Coveralls for men and women are the primary essential on the kitty when it comes to uniforms for gas and oil mine workers.
Face masks and PPE
Well, facemasks are essential for the gas and oil mine workers. Given the times, it is indispensable that even common men use the masks to safeguard themselves, and that is yet another story.
Gas and oil mine workers work in places where there is oxygen deficiency, and this makes it necessary that they are supported with PPE to protect their respiratory system.
These air-purifying cartridges must be made use of to equip themselves with sufficient oxygen while working. The workers must also be thoroughly trained to operate it and use it to the best of their safety.
Eye and head protection
Head and eye protection must be ensured by providing efficient headgear. This headgear needs to have a hard surface to protect the upper hear and back of the head. It should also have the proper coverage in the front to cover and protects the eyes and face region.
General tips which help to keep workers in Gas and Oil Mines safer:
1. Provide Gas and Oil workers with masks with hoses to protect them from gas and oil fumes
2. Provide workers with high-quality safety boots to keep them safe from on-the-job injuries
3. Provide workers with protective gloves to keep their hands safe from on-the-job injuries
4. Maintain a clear working space at all times. A cluttered environment causes unwanted stress and accidents.
5. Wear protective headgear. This is essential workwear protective clothing while working with heavy machinery.
6. Maintain eye protection. The eyes being the most sensitive part of the eye, needs to be protected with the utmost protection.
7. In order to figure out things quickly at the place, use colour-coding and include specific tools and equipment to work with.
8. In-vehicle monitoring systems are of utmost importance when it comes to monitoring the driving behaviours of the workers in the oil and gas industries.
9. Regularly check if the pieces of machinery are in good working order and all the facilities are functioning without faulties in them.
10. Conduct safety programs to educate the employees about safety standards that they need to follow for their well being.
Colour-code materials in the workplace make them more accessible and quicker to find, including specific tools and equipment.
If you’re a safety wear supplier, It is indispensable to keep in mind the above. Working in gas and oil mines is strenuous, and it is important to design protective workwear uniforms that make the workplace safer for the employees. This, in turn, puts them at ease and allows them to work effectively without having to worry consistently about their safety.